Monday, August 09, 2010

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. Radio: Weds. 8/11/2010 @ 9pm c/ 10pm e**My Perspective: Tha Artivist Speaks...

 Celebrating 3 Years Strong & Still Got It Going On

August 2010 Theme: Prospects For Freedom...

Air Date: Weds. August 11, 2010


Time: 9 PM C/10 PM E/7 PM P

Call-in Number: 646-652-4593

Show:

topic: My Perspective: Tha Artivist Speaks...

Featured & Honorable Guest...

R2C2H2 Tha Artivist 

SO WHO'S R2C2H2 AND WHAT'S AN ARTIVIST???


My name is Ronald Cortez Herd II a.k.a. R2C2H2 a.k.a. 'The Artivist'…My job as an ARTIVIST (ARTIST + ACTIVIST) is to actively promote understanding, love and appreciation for the creative arts as well as for creative people...I use my art in particular to break down all types of walls and barriers that people put up either to justify their hatred, prejudice and indifference or because of their ignorance and naivete towards certain issues and topics concerning people, history and culture(s)...One of my main objectives in my profession is to teach the world how to love not just tolerate Black people and other beautiful beings and things!!! If I reach just one hue-man being than my entire existence in all its meaning will be TOTALLY JUSTIFIED!!! 

My art is one created through the use and motivation of three of my main passions: my love of art, my love of music and my love of history in particular African and African American History. I love to tell stories through the use of symbols. I think four of my biggest influences, Jacob Lawrence, El Greco, Miles Davis and Paul Gaugin, have taught and convinced me that interesting stories can be told in a visually expressive and highly original individual style without the use of the written word. These artists among the countless others that I admire like Picasso, Charles White, Van Gogh, William H. Johnson, Romare Bearden, Lois Jones, Archibald Motley, George Hunt, Jean Michel Basquiat to musicians John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Run DMC, Louis Armstrong, Robert Johnson, Howling Wolf, Billie Holiday, Robert Johnson, Charlie Parker, Duke Ellington and 2pac remind me through their prolific outputs that research is one of the most important ingredients in forming your own artistic voice. Before I create a series of related artworks I dive deeply into the subject(s) of my choice through the use of books, movies (documentaries), music and discussions with people who are connected to the subject(s). These tasks take me countless hours to perform, but I honestly feel that me taking the time to collect and analyze the information have made me a better artist as well as a better human being. In this way I feel artists are like synthesizers, taking in all foreign information and materials mixing it with the artists’ experiences and knowledge and then compressing it into a product made in the artists’ likeness or image based on the artists’ own ideas and philosophies. All great art to me seems to be those works that have substance and tell unwritten as well as written stories that are to be retold and reinterpreted for years to come. Hopefully my dedication to my art will continue to lead me in this direction.
Tha Artivist

 AMPLIFY W.E. A.L.L. B.E.!


Also Check Out...

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. Radio***Listen To The Inspiring 2009 BDPA Workshop Lecture Known As 'The Revolution Won't Be Televised, But Will Be Blogged, Podcasted, & Broadcasted Online' By R2C2H2 Tha Artivist Now:

Read The Article By R2C2H2 Tha Artivist...'The Revolution Won’t Be Televised But It Will Be Blogged, Podcasted & Broadcasted Online':


***

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. Needs Your Support...Give To Grow The Movement!
http://weallbe.blogspot.com/2010/03/we-all-be-needs-your-supportgive-to.html



***
Want More???
Want To Hear More Tha Artivist Presents…W.E. A.L.L. B.E. Radio??? Click On The Following Link:

E-mail Us Your Questions And Comments @ r2c2h2@gmail.com

As Always Please Spread The Good News!!!

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. Needs Your Support...Give To Grow The Movement!
http://weallbe.blogspot.com/2010/03/we-all-be-needs-your-supportgive-to.html


See Also...




"Real Talk With Tha Artivist" TV Show On Memphis Comcast Channel 17








Mondays @ 8pm Central


***


~~~~~~

Buy The Award Winning James Reese Europe: Jazz Lieutenant




*Named To The Smithsonian Institute's Jazz Books For Kids And Young Adults List*


Official Website:



Buy The Book @ Amazon.com



~~~~~~


$ Millions Of Dollars In Scholarships, Internships & Job Offers $Please Visit


http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com/

No comments: