Monday, December 29, 2008

From The Honorable Sis. Cynthia McKinney: On My Way to Gaza...



The Honorable Sis. Cynthia McKinney

Hello!

First of all, I have to thank FreeGaza.org and Paul Larudee for tracking me down to extend the invitation to travel to Gaza to learn first-hand of the situation there, particularly since I had spoken out on it during the trip to Damascus to deliver my remarks and that never happened. I've since learned that one other US resident was delayed for three hours at the airport as she attempted to make it to Damascus. Seems I was being too kind to the ticket agents who seemed truly confused about where I was going and what I needed in order to get there--never once allowing me to proceed to security and to my transfer point, which was Paris. I thank her for letting me know that she, too, had the exact same experience with the ticket agents. She did, however, get to board her plane and made it safely to Damascus to participate in the event marking the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Right of Teturn contained in it.

Ooops, I knew I wasn't going to have much time to write. I will connect with you again when I can. I understand the undertaking that I am now involved in: humanitarian relief--medical supplies--to the residents of Gaza. I am being called to board my flight. I am now in Prague, first stop on a journey from which I hope to return and be able to tell you more.

Oh, by the way, I asked the young people here if they remembered Prague Summer, the Brezhnev Doctrine, or if they wanted protection by the U.S. with a missile shield. No, they don't remember Prague Summer; no, they don't remember the Brezhnev Doctrine, and no, they don't want to be protected by the U.S.

--
The shock, awe and heart attacks that followed Madoff's confession that he was 'running a Ponzi scheme' drew as much anger for the money lost and the fall from the moneyed class as for the embarrassment of knowing that the world's biggest exploiters and smartest swindlers on Wall Street, were completely 'taken' by one of their own. Not only did they suffer big losses but their self-image of themselves as rich because they are so smart and of 'superior stock' was utterly shattered: They saw themselves as suffering the same fate as all the schmucks they had previously swindled, exploited and dispossessed in their climb to the top. There is nothing worse for the ego of a respectable swindler than to be trumped by a bigger swindler. As a result, a number of the biggest losers have so far refused to give their names or the amount they lost, working instead through lawyers fighting off other losers.
--James Petras

"And advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool."
--PNAC, Rebuilding America's Defenses, p. 60

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.
--Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in our Time



*MORE INFORMATION*

Cynthia McKinney 'Power to the People' Campaign for President

http://www.runcynthiarun.org

http://www.allthingscynthiamckinney.com

http://www.mckinney2008.com

Rosa Clemente, Candidate for Vice President

http://www.rosaclemente.com

Green Party of the United States

http://www.gp.org

--
John Judge
Press Secretary
McKinney for President 2008
202-584-1021
240-491-3311 fax
press-secretary@runcynthiarun.org
www.runcynthiarun.org (Media Contacts)

No comments: