Thursday, May 21, 2009

Keep Freedom Fighter Sis. Cynthia McKinney In Your Thoughts & Prayers...

Note: Actual Correspondence With The Honorable Sis. Cynthia McKinney...

Tha Artivist:
Praying For Your Safe Returns & Arrivals. When we can learn how to agree to disagree nonviolently what a wonderful world this would be. Sis. McKinney keep your eyes on the prize and everything else will take its proper place.
<3
Sent at 2:27 PM on Thursday

Sis. Cynthia McKinney:
thanks Ronald.
:)
Sent at 2:41 PM on Thursday


From The Honorable Sis. Cynthia McKinney: I Thought You Should Know...


I do not like to burden people with the crosses that I bear because of the political choices I have made. However, I do feel that this is important enough to share with all of you, and particularly those of you who live in Canada.

For those of you who have seen the documentary, American Blackout, I would like for you to recall one of the scenes in which I discuss my closed blinds and covered windows. I do live with the fact of surveillance. I have for a long time because of my father's activities in the civil rights movement. He was named in the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission's list of individuals to watch, he was in Selma at the first march, he was in Forsyth County, Georgia at the first march; with the help of the Southern Poverty Law Center, he successfully sued one Georgia offshoot of the Ku Klux Klan, and when I was a little girl, I remember that upon concluding a telephone conversation, my mother hung up the phone. Then picked it up again to make another call and heard the contents of her previous conversation being played back.

It seems that my actions have followed my father's in extraordinary interest, because I was recently named in a Texas Fusion Center document and alerted to its existence by a leader on this issue at the ACLU. Later this month, the stalking case featured in American Blackout comes before a jury in Georgia.

This morning, my father received a phone call. I am forwarding this information so you all will know, so that my suporters in Canada, in particular, may know of this latest episode in what has been a continuing, lifelong saga:

To: Congressman Hank Johnson
From: Cynthia McKinney
Date: May 21, 2009
Re: Congressional Office Receipt of Threatening Phone Call
Current Time: 10:00 am Pacific Daylight Savings Time

At approximately 9:00 this morning (noon Eastern Time), Mr. James McKinney was contacted at his home by “Dori” in the Johnson Congressional Office indicating that a call had been received by that office from one Zevon Siqueira (415-259-7906) relating to the staff person that “the life of someone in Canada that Cynthia McKinney was traveling with might be in danger.”

If a Congressional Office receives a threat upon someone’s life, or a message that causes alarm that someone’s life might be in danger, it is incumbent upon that Congressional Office to contact the relevant authorities and report that threat.

I request that the Congressional Office of Hank Johnson perform its duty and immediately contact all appropriate authorities relative to the perceived threat that was received by its staff member and do all within its jurisdiction to ensure that no one’s life is, indeed, in danger.

Cynthia McKinney





*MORE INFORMATION*

The Honorable Cynthia McKinney

http://www.runcynthiarun.org

http://www.allthingscynthiamckinney.com

http://www.mckinney2008.com

Green Party of the United States

http://www.gp.org

No comments: