Friday, June 16, 2006

Introducing The Madd Eater

If you haven’t found the time, or had the chance, to read, watch, learn, or think about the foods that we eat, I highly encourage you to do just that. I recommend Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser and Super Size Me, the much criticized documentary on the fast food epidemic narrated by Morgan Spurlock. Both sources demonstrate how important and influential the fast food industry has become and how its far reaching effects impacts us all in some way. Those impacts can be felt in the political arena, through social interaction, economic and environmental conditions, and quite obviously, in our health and total well-being.

Who am I? Let me take a step off of my soapbox for a moment. I am a 20-something who currently resides and works in Northern Virginia. The area, though expensive offers a lot of options and resources that are not prevalent in other regions of the globe. My life as been greatly influenced, first by these two sources, but subsequently by the many other resources I have and still are researching. I must reiterate that I am not in fact trying to preach to anyone or tell them what to do. I am not trying to tell you what’s best for you because frankly I don’t have the expertise to do that. I just find this information fascinating and helpful to my way of life. My plan is to contribute to this site, W.E. A.L.L. B.E., bi-weekly. But with the rigors of life, it will probably end up being as time permits. I do, however, encourage all of the loyal visitors to W.E. A.L.L. B.E. to read and contribute to my column. We’re all finding our way and learning everyday. I don’t have all the answers. I am a work in progress. As Steve Harvey said, “Don’t trip, He’s not finished with me yet.”
More...

No comments: